Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bucket List

Watched that movie a couple of nights ago.  Funny movie!!  Also makes you think about LIVING YOUR LIFE NOW!  If you haven't watched it, it's about these two men who find out they have terminal cancer and decide that they are going to finally check off all the items on their bucket list that they have been waiting their whole lives for the "right time" to do.  If my ironman story has inspired you at all, I would LOVE for you to take that inspiration and make it meaningful in your life.

WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU WOULD JUST LOVE TO DO BUT HAVE BEEN PUTTING IT OFF FOR......SOME OTHER DAY???

It's the perfect time of year to decide to stop waiting for SOME DAY.  TODAY IS THE DAY!!!  I know that you might be afraid, you might feel like you don't have the time, or any other number of obstacles...but if it's something you would really love to do, talk with your family and decide together if you can make it happen THIS YEAR.  Even if it seems like a small thing, as long as it's meaningful and important to you, then it's more than good enough.

I would be honored if you would leave a comment telling me what one of your goals is for the new year.  You can do it!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh-h-h Boy ---- let's see!! Does it have to involve a lot of sweating, physical exertion and triumphant trauma???? How about our first trip to Europe --- that will be a good one>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bucket lists are wonderful things --- I would love to travel to Jerusalem sometime! Getting ready to serve in the Calgary Temple when it opens is definetly on this years list. First of all, I want to wrap up in a snuggly warm blanket and read lots of good books in January and do absolutley Not-a-thing (amile) --- maybe eat some chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No triumphant trauma required....that is only a bonus. Ahhhh....I love Europe. Sounds amazing. Jerusalem sounds amazing too...maybe this year???

    ReplyDelete
  4. For my working life I completed what I called 2012 focus for the future which included My Purpose: My Mission and My Vision and then I listed a no. values that I will live by. I'll share my purpose and vision and two of my values. (in order to by succinct)

    My Purpose: Create working life that supports and enhances my personal values.

    My Mission: To become financially independant so I work for values other than money.

    Two of of my Values: I have a strong relationship with my children and extended family. My wife and I have common dreams.

    Now I need to set some specific things I will do to help achieve these goals.

    I have written all of these on a onepager I keep in my daytimer. Maybe I need to meet with my wife and each of my children and ask them if they have suggestions on how I can better achieve these goals, specifically relating to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Live in a third world country in a comfortable hut with no running water, toilets or electricity providing service of some kind to the locals.

    Or Responding to third world country disaster.

    Visit Somoa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck convincing mom to go with you :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete