Monday, June 11, 2012

We're back.

Thanks again for all the support and love and encouragement for our race.  It was such an amazing experience to travel to and race in Hawaii.  I will write a race report in the next couple of days.

For now, I'll share a little sneak peak of the trip:
We explored some amazing places, including this really neat cave.  Adam was taking the picture and I thought I heard him say, "make your fat face."  So I did:


Then I asked, "why did you want me to make a fat face?"  He replied, "no I said make your bat face."  So I did:




In other news:  I received an email from the church stake historian today asking if I could email him a copy of my Ironman story to include in the stake history report.  I'm thinking that story will add some nice variety and humor to the report with its details of bodily functions, don't you??

Today at the gym I ran for 45 minutes (9 km and it felt easy) and then I swam 1,500 meters in 35 minutes and it didn't feel easy.  I suppose that it's good I do triathlon because the running makes me feel so good about myself and the swimming keeps me humble.  Then I was swinging around some kettle bells pool side after the swim. Me and Adam are now focused in on winning the Magrath triathlon and we've decided that a key to that is to build up some strength.  As I swung the kettle bells I felt so strong and proud of what I've trained my body to do.  I looked down at my legs and was so grateful for the strength and power and endurance that have come to them through hours of training.  The only downfall to that lovely moment was the creepy Asian man who kept staring at me from the hot tub.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to more pictures and stories! Love the fat/bat face!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete