Monday, March 31, 2014

Highlights of the week.

Ivy has moved up a size diaper and mom has moved down a size.  Oh yeah!  Ivy is a size 1 now and mom has graduated to a panty liner.  This last stage of bleeding is such a tease.  It fools you into thinking you're done bleeding time and time again.

Adam and I hallucinate regularly.  Well, what I mean is, we both imagine that we hear Ivy crying at random times, when she's really not.  Did you know that at night, when you have a bit of a nose whistle, it sounds  just like a baby crying. No joke.

My sister says I should just give it up and be a total hippie.  My kids regularly point out that I'm "leaking" because I refuse to wear those stifling breast pads at home.  I follow "my intuition" with Ivy's feeding and sleeping schedule, which basically means I just don't feel like being tied down to any particular method.  Some days I don't even wear a bra.  It's awesome.

Did you know that it's common during the postpartum stage to sweat more at night, as your body gets rid of excess water and stuff?  So, I wake up sweaty, stinky and often drenched in milk.  Yes, I have always produced massive amounts of milk when I nurse and by morning it's spilling out of me.  Oh yes, I am a sight to behold.  Let me tell you, I love my morning shower.  Almost as much as I love my mattress pad that protects our precious king size mattress from being permanently scarred.

Ivy has started smiling and cooing.  At least I tell myself that it's "real" now buts it's hard to know for sure.


I am running about three times a week now.  Each week I run more and walk less.  I am amazed at how quickly it is building.  Don't worry, all you worriers out there, I'm still being careful.  I'm excited for when Ivy is ready for the chariot and we can run together during the day too.  I'm also working on strengthening up my core and building my posture back.  I do planks and stand on my Tzone machine while engaging my core.  It's coming.  It will take time but it's coming.  I'm trying to be patient and look at it as a chance to practice rehabilitation methods, just like you would after an injury.  This is what I tell myself when I look in the mirror and my midsection jiggles.

Ivy pees all the time when I change her diaper (I thought that was a baby boy thing, apparently not).  My startled scream often startles her and she stops peeing mid stream, giving me enough time to get the new diaper on.










1 comment:

  1. I love the diaper update. Progress is exciting. Thanks for the laugh...

    ReplyDelete