Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Six year old maternity clothes should be burned.

Ok so I'm 22 weeks pregnant now and I FINALLY decided to go through my old maternity clothes.  I've had these boxes stowed away in a closet for a long time.  Over six years to be exact.

You may wonder, what have I been wearing all this time? 

Well, I have bought some new clothes, specifically skirts and dresses but I haven't bought any shirts or pants yet.  I have a lot of long shirts, so I've just been stretching those out.  I'm totally fine with letting them get stretched out and "wrecked" because then I can throw them away after and buy new clothes.  In terms of pants, I'm down now to black sweat pants and black leggings.  I tried on all my pairs of jeans one morning last week before I went out to volunteer in my daughter's class and not a single pair fit.  No, it wasn't fun trying them all on, in case you were wondering.  

So last night I finally bit the bullet and pulled out those boxes.  It was worse than I expected....much, much worse.  Keep in mind that I was a poor student back in my previous pregnancies and I think some of the clothes I wore had even been handed down to me when I was pregnant with Riley, making them like 10 years old.  It felt like such a time warp.  A tragic time warp into maternity nightmares.  Adam laid on our bed reading a book while I groaned, moaned and sometimes laughed as I sorted through the clothing.  At the end of the experience, I laid down feeling tired and annoyed with my lack of clothing options for the next 4 months.  It's just so hard to spend money on clothes I'm only going to wear for such a short period of time.  He said something like, "Kim, pregnancy is hard enough with the changes to your body,  Don't make it harder on yourself by wearing clothes that you feel ugly in.  Spend some money and buy yourself some clothes you like.  Just donate the rest."  

Ok so before I donate these beauties, I thought I would share a few of them for your enjoyment.
I tried to really show off the two-toned tummy pouch and I think you'll also appreciate my modeling skills.







7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed it, it was over too soon. I wanted to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops that was sheryl. definitely not Matt ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny. Thank you Sheryl and Matt...
    Sorry it was such a teaser. Maybe I'll surprise you and wear one of the dresses to church, so that you can see more maternity fashions from the turn of the century :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam is right Kim, though its quite a short time always make the best out of it.
    Hmm., as for your modeling skills , not bad. Who knows maybe, you might get an opportunity to pose for maternity dresses, and earn a few bucks. so its not a bad idea!?
    well then.. have fun and take care.. love you, Nova

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well, bye to my old clothes. I am pregnant again and want to get new dress that will fits my new body size.

    ReplyDelete