Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Baby time...maybe.

Well, here I sit at home, passing the afternoon while my kids are in school.  I had a stretch and sweep this morning, so I have been crampy all afternoon and am thinking my baby might enter the world soon....or not.  But it's a very real possibility now.  I try not to think overly about her method of entry. I mean really, how DOES a woman's body DO THAT.  It's so much nicer to just think of it as something simple and beautiful like a flower blooming or something.  Lol.  Joking aside though, I have so much awe and respect for the body as Gods supreme creation and I trust in the incredible processes that are soon to take place.

I just read through some old posts of races I've done and it was almost like reading about someone else's life.  Maybe it's in part because I've taken a break from racing the second half of this pregnancy but it feels like a bit of a distant memory.

That being said, each race is still a part of who I am.  Each experience we have changes us forever.  The real power in any experience of life is who we become from that experience.  Through racing I have learned to pace myself mentally and physically, to manage pain, to break hard things down into smaller pieces in my mind, to have short and long term goals, to have fun and enjoy myself, even when things are hard and that I am not a failure when things don't turn out as I had hoped.  The preparation for races has taught me that worry doesn't help me at all, so no point doing it.  That fear is a lie and to just tell those fearful thoughts, "we'll see."  That I create the future in my mind before I ever have a chance of creating it in reality.  That I am a strong, capable woman and can do hard things.

I'm counting on all these lessons to help me in this impending experience of delivering my baby girl.

Wish me luck and if you are so inclined, keep me in your prayers that all will go well.


No comments:

Post a Comment