Saturday, August 20, 2011

Two Weekend Dates

What's your idea of a great date?  I think it should involve doing something you both love to do....whatever that may be.  Friday night we had a "swimming date" where we tried to help each other with swim technique (I still need a lot of help).  Then, Adam's mom watched our kids Saturday morning so we could do our training bike ride together.  This is a rare pleasure, since most of my Saturday rides have been solitary.  Saturday is always the long ride of the week but because this is rest week, it was only 2.5 hours and about 70km. Highlights of the ride were flying down the hill into Cochrane at over 60 km/hour and near the end of the ride when me and Adam decided to catch the cycling group in front of us. I know the training is working, simply by the fact that I now view a 2.5 hour ride as a short, easy ride.  This was not the case 3 months ago.  Three months into training and only three more months to go.....

2 comments:

  1. Cute date night! Kent and I are firm believers of date night and sometimes we do my photography scouting or hunting location scouting for Kent on those. Honestly those are the dates we enjoy most! I think it is so incredible that you to are doing this together! I know it must feel awesome to accomplish things as a team of sorts. Keep going! I can't wait for your victory lap! And then hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz. That's so great that you guys enjoy doing those things together. That sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete