Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Why blog??

I'll be honest.  I haven't been a big fan of blogs.  They can be so narcissistic and I've often viewed them as the perfect platform to brag, compare and feel awful about yourself because everyone else's life just seems so much more exciting than your own when you read about it in a blog.  I haven't wanted to live my life in "script mode" where I was constantly thinking about how my daily experiences could be packaged up into blog perfection.  I thought that would detract from just living and enjoying my life.  For these reasons I have avoided writing and reading blogs.  

Until now I guess.  So WHY BLOG NOW??
  • To share this ironman journey with friends and family. Doing an ironman is not just about the race.  It's about all the training that prepares you to be able to race.  Adam likes to call the race a "victory lap". 
  • To inspire others to set goals and go for them.  Should everyone do an ironman?  No, of course not....choose something that inspires YOU.  It's different for everyone.  
  • To journal and record this experience.  
  • To get some encouragement along the way....hint hint....feel free to make comments :)


No comments:

Post a Comment