Friday, October 28, 2011

A permanent fixture.

"A permanent fixture" in the spin room is what I've been labeled by one of the Gold's Gym spin instructors.  Upon leaving after teaching a spin class she often thanks me for sharing "my room".  Yes, I have spent many, many hours on the spin bike at my little station in the corner of the room.

Today I had a three hour ride scheduled and Adam had planned to work from home so that I could ride outside but the weather didn't come through for me so I resorted to my corner station at Gold's.

WHY THE CORNER??: 
- It's proximate the window ledge so I can lay out all my 'supplies' (water bottles, protein shake, snacks, sweat towel and books/magazines).
- For those of you who don't know, I sweat A LOT, so I like to keep my sweaty puddles to the corner.
- I am often in there during spin classes but because I have to stay on the bike and in a certain heart rate zone I can't participate in everything they do in the classes, so I feel less disruptive in the corner.
- Being next to the window is nice because I can pretend I'm outside.

With the weather turning colder, it looks like I will be spending even more time in "my room", as outdoor cycling is becoming too uncomfortable to bear.  So if you're at Gold's Gym anytime soon, stop by the spin room and say hello.  I'll most likely be there.











A special thanks to Adam for taking these lovely pictures and picking up our kids from child care to start dinner at home while I finished my ride.  I love you and think we make a good team.

No comments:

Post a Comment