Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Crash Week.

Next week is crash week for me.  Adam will have crash week the week after.  This is the week with the highest volume of training and afterwards our coach will taper us until race day.  Finishing crash week will be a huge accomplishment because it means 'the hay is in the barn', to use a farming analogy.  Basically our bodies have the aerobic base necessary to complete an Ironman.  Tapering will include shorter but higher intensity workouts, to add speed to the aerobic base.

This is seriously exciting for me.  I'm just hoping and praying that my body holds up through crash week.  I have definitely been pushing my body to the limit and my feet in particular have been hurting more and more lately.

Here's what crash week will look like for me: 3.5 hrs swimming, 13 hours biking, 4.5 hours running and 4 hours strength and stretching.  Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt you'll be able to do it. You've really prepared your body well. Maybe I can join you for some strength training considering upper body is about all I can do right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the offer but I'd rather we do some frog hops together at the gym...you bring your red tank top and I'll borrow your swim suit :)

    ReplyDelete