Friday, September 30, 2011

Where would you rather swim?

Here in Midnapore Lake.











Or here in the Gold's Gym pool.  Yes, it may seem weird but Adam and I have taken videos of each other swimming several times so that we can look for areas for improvement in technique.  This video was near the beginning of training and notice how my reach crosses in front of my body, especially with my left arm.  I have since corrected this.  Every little improvement adds up big time.  Oh and by the way, my 3 km training swims that I usually have 3 x's/week are 75 laps in the 20 m pool...that's 150 lengths.  Can you see why I feel like a fish in a bowl??

I will miss swimming in the lake.  Our last lake swim was frigid cold, so I think we're done open water swim training for the season.  But it was great while it lasted.  Thanks mom and dad for getting us into the lake so often!

2 comments:

  1. Ok. I have a question: how do you keep track of the lengths? I know that might sound retarded, but I would seriously start getting confused after awhile b/c it's such a monotonous task that I'd probably "sub-consciously" of course, skip a few, every now and again. And what happens if you lose count. You don't really want to start over!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great question. I am a believer in the approach that if you lose track of lengths, you should always round up - never start over. :) Adam likes to start over if he loses track, so he usually ends up doing extra laps.

    ReplyDelete