Friday, September 30, 2011

My one day off training.






So every three weeks I get a day off of training (other than Sundays, which I always have off).  It's usually the Thursday of recovery week.  Adam and I both had the same day off this time around, so we decided to take the kids to Banff and Canmore for the day because Adam had some work to do there.  While he was working I took the kids on a two hour hike called "Grassi Lake trail".  Everyone we ran into on the hike commented on how steep it was and asked things like, "are you sure you want to bring your kids out here...it's really steep?"  Kyla and Riley would respond, "we're super kids, it's easy for us."  It was so cute.  I did have to carry Kyla down some of the really steep sections and Riley carried our lunch backpack most of the hike.  I was so proud of them!







(Riley learning to farmer's blow.  Such an important skill, don't you think?)  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Jordi and I did Grassi Lake Trail this summer!! It is so beautiful. Your kids could TOTALLY handle it! They ARE super kids! lol. Good job on the farmer's blow Riley. Grandpa would definitely be proud!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you guys did that hike. That's so cool. Me and Adam hiked it a few years ago and we both commented that we'd love to bring the kids back to do it when they were a bit bigger. Yes, grandpa has passed down a wonderful legacy of important skills :)

    ReplyDelete