Sunday, February 12, 2012

Planning Meeting

I'm having a familiar feeling tonight............I felt it often during Ironman training and always on Sunday nights.  That's because the fun, relaxed pace of the weekend is drawing to an end and my mind starts to think about the week ahead.  I would define the feeling as trepidation.  I only feel it when I have a busy week of training ahead and have to do those dreaded twice/day workouts.  They really are the bane of my existence.  Ok, that's a bit dramatic, but they are annoying.

I either have to do the 2 workouts as a brick (back to back) which means really rushing at the gym, so that my daughter's not in childcare too long.  Or I have to go to the gym twice, which sometimes plagues me with guilt because once again, I don't like Kyla to have to be at the child care too much.  Plus I don't like to have to go back to the gym - it just feels ridiculous.  Or I have to do one of the workouts in the evening, which stinks because I hate missing out on family time for that.  Notice that I haven't mentioned the option of waking up early to do one of the workouts.  I'm just not a morning person.  


We've learned that to make weeks like this go smoothly, we have to rely on the the "SUNDAY NIGHT PLANNING MEETING".  Adam and I sit down after the kids are in bed with our calendar and go through the week, day by day.  I know it sounds really official but it's helped us so much.

Happy Valentine's Day this week everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. Getting up early in the morning is ridiculous!!! Never an option for me either. Is the planning meeting the only way you deal with the trepidation or do you do something else also?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I'm not the only one who dislikes the early morning workout. Luckily the feeling of trepidation is gone by Monday morning when I'm started into the week. So, to answer your question about how I deal with the Sunday night worries: I GO TO BED :)

    ReplyDelete