Thursday, February 23, 2012

Finding Beauty.




I've been reflecting on "beauty" the past few days.

We are our own worst critics, I know.  The first picture I saw from my photo shoot was the picture above with my medal and my bike.  I didn't feel beautiful in it.  I thought the other women in the photo shoot looked so gorgeous in their pictures, which intensified my own feelings.

So then I had this idea.

What if we could learn the story behind the picture.  That would change how we view the woman.  
I am going to talk with the other women who had their pictures taken in this photo shoot and some of us will share our stories.

We will share times when we've struggled with finding beauty in ourselves. We will share our hearts with you, in hopes that you will know you are not alone.  You are not alone when you don't feel beautiful on any particular day, in any particular moment.  

We will also share how we've learned to find our own unique beauty, in hopes that you will find yours.  

I hope you will check back to read about mine and other women's stories.  Also,  I would love for you to add to the discussion with comments!!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea Kim! It's funny how we really are our own worst critics. I saw yours and I was so envious of your body and how much you've accomplished. You look great! It's funny how a perspective can be so different while looking at the same pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad you like the idea. I don't want anyone to put me up on a pedestal and be jealous and feel inferior. I know how that feels and it stinks. That's a big reason I wanted to share my struggles and feelings, so that people know that I'm a real person, working through my own issues and trying to become the best person I can be.

      Delete
  2. Kim, I think your photo's are amazing, you are beautiful inside and out. You are an inspiration and a hero to many!

    ReplyDelete