Monday, November 14, 2011

Remember this picture?


It's already appeared on the blog but I needed to share it again to illustrate my point.  For those of you who don't cycle or do triathlons, this position is called aero position.  It is obviously more aerodynamic than sitting up and I generally enjoy it, especially because it's easier on my tender wrists.  One challenge of aero position is that it makes your neck muscles work really hard to look up...particularly with the extra weight of the helmet.  When I reluctantly 'come out of aero', it is often because my neck just can't take it anymore.

With that background in place I'll share my little story.

I woke up a couple of days ago at my usual time with the oddest sensation and pain in my neck.  I realized that I had actually been holding my head off the pillow for an unknown period of time.  Apparently I had been dreaming of the Ironman race and had been practicing 'holding aero position' in my sleep.  I just hope I don't have any dreams about peeing on the bike :)

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! I bet Adam hopes so too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I agree that Adam wouldn't appreciate that form of visualization.

    ReplyDelete